Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Flying Through the Fog




I spent yet another cold morning taking pictures. Today I headed to Monticello again to shoot the Trumpeter Swans. When I woke up it was cloudy and slightly snowing out so I thought about staying home. A few minutes later I looked out the window and could see light pastel colors on the snow and trees. I quickly grabbed my gear and ran out the door.

When I first arrived the lighting was a bit difficult due to heavy fog. Not only was there fog, but the swans weren't coming as close as they did last week when Chad and I were there. I found a good spot along the river and waited and waited, then finally a couple of swans appeared through the fog. I was able to get a few shots, but the autofocus and metering systems were a bit confused trying to locate a subject.

In total I was shooting for 2 hours, and took 300 pictures. I still have to go through most of them. Once I do, I will share them with all of you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are GORGEOUS! I love the second shot above... want it on my wall!

    ReplyDelete