Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Oxbow Bend, Grand Teton National Park, WY

Nikon D7000, 24-70mm @48mm, ISO 200, f10, 1/100, Three shot HDR

Every time I get an inch to go back out west I open up my Lightroom catalog and look through my previous trips. Each time I do this I find another photo that I really like and wonder why I past it up the first couple of times. This image is of Oxbow Bend in Grand Teton National Park, WY.  I have many, many shots at this location, however, while processing images I look for something to make it my own, whether it's a pano, black & white or an HDR. I want something that I haven't seen before.

This is a three shot vertical HDR image, the two images were stitched together in CS5.  I was happy with the original image in color, but it was so similar to everything else I had from this location. I experimented with many different presets in Lightroom with minor tweaking. Eventually I settled on this one. 

Mt. Moran didn't make much of an appearance while I was in town, but none of the less it's a great place to put your skills to the test! By doing this, it only makes me want to go back out west that much more. 

Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment